We provide an initial counselling service to clients that come into our office seeking assistance. If it is agreed that more extensive counselling is required we will refer clients to the appropriate services. We also link clients into other service providers that we feel could offer any required support.
Clients are referred to us by other service providers, community corrections or self-referral.
On presentation we can provide any of the following services
- Short term counselling
- Referral to other agencies
- Temporary accommodation
- Swags, blankets and sleeping bags
- Food and Foodbank referrals
- Toiletries and hygiene supplies
- Hampers at Christmas
- Money for medications (on a loan basis)
We also conduct a range of community programs in the areas of substance abuse, anger management, anxiety and lifeskills.
The Substance Abuse Program runs for 6 weeks and covers the following topics.
- States of change
- The four L’s (Liver, Lover, Law, Livelihood)
- Lifestyle balance
- Distorted thinking
- Power and equality
- Problem solving
- Goal setting
- Decision making
- Relapse prevention
This program is run over six weeks and covers the following topics.
- About anger
- The cycle of violence
- Recognising anger
- Response to anger
This program runs for 5 weeks and contains the following topics.
- Use tension in a positive way
- Emotions that cause negative and positive stress
- The power of belief
- Turning challenges into opportunities
- Creating a new vision
- Staying focussed
This program runs for 7 weeks and includes the following topics.
- Prepare for change
- Self Esteem
- Moving forward
- Find and keep accommodation
- Control your money
- Find, get and keep a job
- Develop relationships
- Parenting skills
- Staying on track
- Putting it into practice